It’s been a while since I was thinking of writing about basic architecture of customer service that will definitely help every organization. Not only did we learn a lot from this architecture, but I strongly believe that this architecture will always be relevant no matter how much new technologies change the world. To create exceptional customer experiences, companies should implement the following four steps. This approach can be applied to new initiatives, specific process improvements, and company-wide transformation strategies. Once these steps have been completed for a particular project or initiative, they should be repeated to gain new insights, make ongoing improvements, and expand programs where appropriate.
● Identify and understand customer segments that offer the most potential.
● Gather customer insights from reports (sales and customer service), behaviors (store visits and at – home usage), and discussions (round-tables and focus groups).
● “Walk in customers’ shoes” by using techniques such as secret shopping or observational studies to gain further insights and build empathy toward customers .
● Brainstorm with customers about concepts or solutions that might meet their needs more effectively than current offerings.
● Map the customer journey and identify key touch-points where you can improve conversion rates by delivering exceptional experiences with your company.
● Develop personas (representations of target customers) with demographic, attitudinal, behavioral, consumptive, and technological attributes that embody your typical customer segments.
● Ideate and innovate using customer-journey hotspots and personas. Seek ideas from inside and outside your company to receive multidisciplinary, diverse, and creative input.
● Aggregate all of the insights, ideas, analysis, and input into a cohesive vision of the ideal experience for your customers.
● Create and prioritize a roadmap and architecture that align with business, product / service, and technology goals.
● Develop prototypes that depict customer experience touch-points. Test the experience with customers and make adjustments based on feedback until you are satisfied with the results.
● Build the technology solutions, service experience, and new processes.
● Test the experience with actual customers at multiple stages to evaluate process flows and solution performance.
● Develop metrics that track performance and customer satisfaction after the launch.
So, forge your relationship with customers by reaching out to them proactively. Think ahead and be agile to rapid market changes. Win the trust of your customers by being genuine, transparent and make their jobs painless. Global expertise, innovation, and service quality will definitely help you achieve extraordinary business results.
Please let me know your feedback through your comments. Thanks for your time and interest!